Goodbye 2018 and a massive welcome to 2019
To start off I want to say that 2018 was a fantastic year – I am not one of those people that will be glad to see the back of it etc., I had a fabulous time, but I am also very excited to find out what 2019 has in store. I have genuine butterflies in my stomach thinking about how this year is going to pan out. I did have some fabulous highlights of 2018:
1. I had a fabulous holiday away with The Boy to Nefyn in May and had some glorious weather. We walked, we drank, we ate and we spent a lot of time on the beach! Oh, and we had fish and chips on the beach!
2. We had the stunning wedding of Jenny and JP complete with Angel the Barn Owl delivering the rings. And then a drive around Bolton in a Hummer drinking prosecco! Willy was Best man and I was so, so proud of him. And of course Jenny looked absolutely breath-takingly beautiful.
3. We had a couple of days in Machynlleth and again had fabulous weather! We flew our kite on the beach! We sat outside in September and had ice cream. Too much fun!
4. I had so much fun with my friends – we had BBQ’s, comedy nights, National Trust trips, picnics, coffees, lunches, meals, drinks, shopping and just general amazing fun times!!
5. I had a fabulous birthday full of family and friends, BBQs and gin!
6. I went to Rome to see Esther and have a proper catch up. It was November and the weather was fabulous! We drank, we ate, we visited touristy spots, we went to the beach and spent so much time just catching up!
7. We went back to Nefyn with my mom and The Boys dad. It was in November when it was colder and wetter. But still just as fabulous! We had beach walks and coffee shop stops. We visited the Steam Railway and had a lovely ride.
8. I discovered how very lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. We had a bit of a rubbish start to the year, but it made me realise how lucky I am.
9. We hired a campervan and had the most amazing time! We now want one! We stopped at a fabulous campsite in The Lakes and we walked around Derwent Water. We then drove down to Glyn Ceiriog and stopped off at Lake Windermere. We had a wander around and then we went back and had a brew in the van! How amazing! Uber want one!
10. And finally overall I had the best time with my favouritist – whatever we did we had lots of fun and I cannot wait to spend another year of fun times with him.
2018 you have been fabulous and it has been great to think of all the amazing things that have happened. But now I am ready for 2019 and all the exciting things that you have in store for me.
What are you most looking forward to in 2019?