I love Christmas! If you did not know this, I am unsure why. It was made for me. I love the sparkles, the excitement, the spirit, the joy and the lead up to it. I just love it. I even have my very own gingerbread house on my desk this year. Have you seen the ones doing the rounds on Facebook? Well I got my own! Check it out:
One of my colleagues asked me to list my top five things I love about Christmas, so I thought I would share this with you!
1. I love mince pies! They shouldn’t be as yummy as they are – but they just work! I love them. As soon as they are in shops, I have to buy some. I cannot leave a shop if they have some!
2. I love the lights. Driving home in the dark is so miserable. But driving along roads with Christmas lights on – just makes it so much more bearable and magical. And it is always good to see the roads where there is a little bit of healthy competition between neighbours! You know the ones I mean.
3. Christmas songs! I admit, I may permanently have Heart’s Christmas station on as soon as they start playing Christmas songs! I just love them. My favourite of all time is Mariah Carey, All I Want for Christmas is You. I am not normally a Mariah fan but I love this song. My other favourite that came out last year is You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
4. Mulled wine and German markets. I love walking around in the cold and stopping off to have a warm mulled wine. I have been to Germany a couple of times over Christmas and it is so magical there. Even more so, because it is so cold. There was snow one of the times and that was fabulous! You could even say the mulled wine was NEEDED to help warm you up.
5. And finally how happy everyone is! I used to be a waitress whilst I was at university. I would take on all the shifts I could over the holidays and loved working Christmas Day. Everyone is so happy! The only negative was after serving so many Christmas dinners, I was quite happy to have a cheese sandwich when I got home. Not very festive though.
So there you have my top five reasons for loving Christmas. What about you? Are you as obsessed as me or do you just tolerate it? Let me know – I’d love to hear about it.